What does the fixed fee include?

The fixed fee includes a completed application for divorce, service documents (where required) and assistance in the Court filing process.  Please note we do not handle contested Applications or applications where you do not know the whereabouts of your spouse. 

Are there any other charges?

We do not charge any hidden fees, once you confirm the completed application and respective documents, we will lodge it to Court and you will have to pay the Court filing fee. The Court collects a filing fee of $940. This is payable to the Court. You may be eligible for a reduction of the filing fee if you hold certain means tested concession cards. Note that if you are joint applicants,both of you are required to have concession cards to obtain the reduced Court fee. The reduced fee is $310 as of 1 July 2021.

What if I was born overseas?

You can still apply for divorce even if you were born overseas as long as you or your spouse is an Australian citizen or have lived in Australia for at least 12 months immediately prior to the filing of the divorce. You will be required to provide documents like a copy of your Australian citizenship, passports, visa or other documents as proof.

How long does the entire divorce process take?

We provide you with your completed documents within 48 hours. Once lodged at the Court you will receive a hearing date. This can be between four to eight weeks after lodgement. Your divorce is finalised one month  after the hearing date.

What if I cannot locate my spouse?
We cannot assist you with your application for divorce if you do not know the whereabouts of your spouse. You can still apply for divorce, but we suggest that you contact a Family Lawyer or a Legal Aide to assist you.

What if we are separated but still living together?

You can still apply for divorce even if you are separated but living under the same roof. You just need to prepare additional affidavits. We will guide you on how to prepare the affidavits.

What about our children and property?

The divorce is a separate process from that of children arrangement or property and financial settlements. The divorce will not determine these issues for you. The divorce will not prohibit you to make any future changes on the arrangements regarding the children. Property and financial settlements will have to be filed separately.

Do I have to attend court?
Court attendance is not compulsory in all cases. You will need to attend Court if you are making a sole application with minor children (children under the age of 18 years). Court attendance is otherwise not required unless is special circumstances.

 Visit our Useful Resources for additional support services


Contact Us

Online Divorce Applications
Suite 703, Level 7
The Trust Building
155 King Street 
Sydney NSW 2000

Phone No: 1300 010 435